Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Mom Blunder of The Day

Do your kids do some pretty outlandish things? Mine do. It's been one of those days as a mother where one child wakes up mad at the world and the baby is doing okay. I cleaned most of the house today. I only have the kitchen floor to do tomorrow. I decided since the weather was so nice out today, I'd wipe down my Jeep Grande Cherokee. I had Hannah Montana playing, we were having fun doing a much needed chore. I had the key in to listen to the music. My little guy who will be two in April was pretending to drive. He started rolling down all of the windows I had just washed. So, as any good mom would do, I pushed the child safety lock on the windows. Uh-oh! I didn't know that my sweet little baby would lock the doors with him and the keys inside. He would not open the doors or the windows. I called our local Pop-A-Lock and told them what was going on. They said they'd be at my house in 15 minutes. I decided to calm down thinking that it would help him realize what he could do to help. It took my oldest son to go out and tell him the exact same thing. My youngest finally did open the door about 2 seconds before Pop-A-Lock arrived. They came even though I called and the call was cancelled. They wanted to make sure my son was okay. They were really nice. I felt so bad! I did have a good laugh though!!!

No comments: